1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are often indispensable for websites that have huge databases, need logins, have customizable themes, other advanced features.
Cookies usually don't contain much information except for the URL of the website that created the cookie, the duration of the cookie's abilities and effects, and a random number. Due to the little amount of information a cookie contains, it usually cannot be used to reveal your identity or personally identifying information. However, marketing is becoming increasingly sophisticated and cookies in some cases can be aggressively used to create a profile of your surfing habits.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are created temporarily in your browser's subfolder while you are visiting a website. Once you leave the site, the session cookie is deleted. On the other hand, persistent cookie files remain in your browser's subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie. A persistent cookie remains in the browser's subfolder for the duration period set within the cookie's file.
3. What Cookies are used by this Site?
Session cookies enable our website to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don't get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. These cookies allow you to proceed through the pages of our site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. They are automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies help our website remember your information and settings when you visit it in the future. This result in faster and more convenient access since, for example, you don't have to login again.
Besides authentication, other website features made possible by persistent cookies include: language selection, theme selection, menu preferences, internal site bookmarks or favourites, among many others. On your first visit, the website is presented in default mode. During your visit, you select your preferences and these preferences are remembered, through the use of the persistent cookie, the next time you visit the site.
Cookies used by our website
|Cookie Name||Expires||Purpose||More Information|
|asp.net_sessionid||End of Session||Identify Session||ASP.NET issues a cookie called ASP.NET_SessionId. This cookie contains the user's session ID and the cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser). This cookie does not store personal data about you.|
|.aspxauth||Session||Identify Session||The ASPXAUTH cookie is used when accessing Microsites that require username and password authentication. This cookie determines that a user is logged in. When the user logs out of the app, this cookie is removed from the browser.|
|Welcomepageshow||Upon deletion||Preference settings||Welcomepageshow shows the welcome page and remembers your preferences for the next time you login. This is a persistent cookie.|
4. Can I opt out of cookies?
- This service is for existing clients of Pilling & Co Stockbrokers Ltd but the responsibility for the security of your logon and account details rests with you. If these details are compromised please inform us and change your password immediately.
- The internet is not a completely reliable medium and there may be times of inaccessibility due to events beyond our control, technical problems or necessary site maintenance. In using this service, you agree to hold Pilling & Co Stockbrokers Ltd blameless from all consequential losses you may suffer directly or indirectly.
- Using this service does not modify, extend, change or alter any existing investment agreements you have with Pilling & Co Stockbrokers Ltd
- Contract notes are normally visible the day of the transaction and your valuation will also be updated the same day. Contract notes are available to view via Pilling's Client Web Access (CWA) which can be found by logging into to the client area of the website. Should you choose however, you may continue to receive paper copies of your contract notes. Please confirm your request by emailing email@example.com with your account number and instructions. Should you find any discrepancies between written information sent to you and the CWA information, please contact us immediately. You must not carry out any transactions until the true position has been clarified.
- Using this service means that you agree to receiving all future statements, valuations, contract notes, newsletters and other publications by electronic medium, we will send paper copies of publications on request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where more than one person's account is visible under the same login, we assume that all have given their permission for their accounts to be viewed by the primary user as 'connected accounts'. If you have not given permission for this or your circumstances have changed and you no longer want your accounts to be viewed by a third party, please inform us immediately.
- Security prices are indicative only. They normally represent the previous business day's closing middle price and do not imply that any particular investment can be traded at that price. Purchases will be updated on your valuation the same day but will usually show a valuation price from the previous day's close and not the purchase price.
- Partners and employees of Pilling & Co Stockbrokers Ltd may invest, or have positions, in any of the securities held in your account(s). The price of investments and dividends paid on them may fall and you may get back less than you invested.
- We regret that no dealing instructions can be taken over the internet.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this service from any individual client(s) and the service entirely without reason or notice. Please note this service is not available between the hours of 24.00 and 04.00 for overnight processing reasons.
- For further information, please contact your usual contact at Pilling & Co Stockbrokers Ltd
- You agree that any information we hold about you can be held on computer and/or paper files.
- You have the right, at any time, to request a copy of the information we hold about you. You may be charged a fee for this.
- While we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of any information placed on this website, we make no representations or give any warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and we disclaim all representations, except where fraudulently made, and warranties. In addition we make no representation or warranties about the accuracy or the information contained on this website.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
- In the event that there are third party links to other websites for your convenience, we do not endorse the contents of any external sites and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss however caused to you by your use of any external site.